Located in the heart of beautiful Gaslight Village East Grand Rapids, Pilates in East is your premier Pilates location. We offer a variety of different classes in our fully equipped studio.
PILATES (pronounced “pi-lah-teez”) is an exercise program to strengthen, stretch, realign and balance your whole body. It is well known for its focus on core strength and is often recommended for people with back issues. It is named after its creator Joseph Pilates and is used by dancers, athletes, physical therapists and fitness enthusiasts.
Benefits of Pilates
- Tone and Strengthen – Build long, lean muscles from the inside out
- Core Strength – Have the best abs of your life
- Improve Posture and Balance – Stand taller after every class
- Performance Enhancement – Great for athletes and cross training
- Stretch and Realign – Take care of your body and it will take care of you
Our professional Pilates teaching staff will not only give you a great workout but also teach you how to connect with your muscles and support your joints. You will stand taller, with better posture after every class and you will be learning how to avoid injury. It’s the best of both worlds you look great and you feel great too!
BALANCED BODY BARRE – a safer more balanced Barre program
Our Barre program has all the fun and sizzle but is unique because it is based on sound body mechanics and safe exercises for your joints. Our instructors are specially trained in a technique called “muscle activation”. Your muscles do the work so your back and knees don’t feel the strain. It is not only better for you but delivers faster results!
- Fun, high energy class
- Inspired by ballet, dance & Pilates
- NO complicated aerobics moves or high impact jumping
- Puts you in “the fat burning zone” & sculpts your body slim