Oftentimes, people hear of Pilates and they imagine that this is a workout strictly reserved for dancers, ex-dancers, and/or those with immense flexibility. Here at Pilates in East, we love debunking that myth and sharing our love of both Pilates and Barre with all body types, all ages and all athletic abilities.
One client who is currently training to become a Pilates instructor was asked to describe Pilates in one or two sentences. Her response was this: “Pilates is a full body workout centered around core stability, strength and control. While exercises are based on physical movement, the connection between mind and body maximizes efficiency of each move and improves flexibility, strength, posture and overall well-being.”
We echo that statement and love that this is what we get to do. Here are just a few benefits of Pilates that our clients get to experience.
- Tone and Strengthen – Build long, lean muscles from the inside out
- Core Strength – Have the best abs of your life
- Improve Posture and Balance – Stand taller after every class
- Performance Enhancement – Great for athletes and cross training
- Stretch and Realign – Take care of your body and it will take care of you
Whether you are a Pilates veteran or someone who has been curious about this workout but hasn’t had the chance to try it yet, we are glad that you found us!
This blog will feature a variety of information pertaining not only to our studio but also to sharing more about the benefits, highlights and the things we love about this industry. We look forward to sharing more with you soon!